Monday, February 23, 2009

Alternative CV

It was 8 years ago that I decided to throw caution to the wind and take the risk to spread my wings and embark on the unknown. The decision to emigrate to Amsterdam was the unknown, I couldn't even speak English never mind Dutch. In actual fact it was here in this wonderful city that I learnt to speak English. Finding my way around this city, I stumbled upon OCCII. I was happy to discover that once a week was dedicated to childrens activities. This being an opportunity for me and my daughter to get aquainted with the local climate. Fortunately my daughter thoroughly enjoyed the childrens activities at the Kinderpret. It was not long before I was busy working as a volunteer and part of a great team. I guess that was eight years ago, things don't change so much. I am still part of this great team working as a volunteer for The Kinderpret. Kinderpret take part in festivals namely Appelscha, Ruigoord, Robodock. We try to raise awareness and educate children about ecology, animal rights, vegetarianism, peace, freedom, equality and other social justice issues through art, theatre. My role in this educating process, with the help of my camcorder. I teach children how to use a camcorder. video being a powerful tool that can bring about social justice and environment protection. To watch my work please go to:- Spirit of Squatters.

Here is a list of activities that we do at the OCCII: The Kinderpret
Improvisational Theatre,
Interactive Theatre
Childrens programme that covers the usual childrens activities.

Apart of my voluntary work for OCCII: Kinderpret, my days are pretty full with other unpaid work namely filming and editing. In the past I filmed and was busy with small projects for Vrije Kiezer TV. Most of my work I put immediately onto my pages - Spirit of Squatters.
I have been writing my biography for the last few years. Published fragments are available in Fort Van Sjakoo, unfortunately they are in Polish. Great for the Polish community here in Amsterdam but not for the english speaking community. One day they will be translated into english. My second book 'Life of Activists' is work in progress but will be available soon. Another platform that I use for independant media is Patapoe 88.3FM. My show is called Awakening. You are welcome to listen every Tuesday from 16:00 - 19:00hrs.

To put the finishing touches to this 'alternative cv', I guess it is easy to see that I am not in the monetary world. Being part of the sqautting movement allows me to work as a voluteer doing the things that are important. Being a firm believer that everyone should have at least the basics. My goal is to make my passion my paid work. So I will get straight to the point, if you have any work for me, that fits in with all of the above as I will not make any compromise to my political views but I am open to learn more about the above. You are more than welcome to write to me.

Kind Regards,

No comments: