On 26 and 27 June we March for Civilisation. We will march to The Hague to show we stand for our civilisation. We ask all Dutch citizens who share our concerns to join.
We are taking action out of concern for the whole of our society. This government's thoughtless policies affect many. With its empty politics of symbolism it destroys what civilisation needs: beauty, innovation, care, trust, openness and tolerance.
With this government in power we are heading for a society with no room for curiosity, in which everything is expressed in numbers. A society in which identity becomes an oppressive straitjacket, instead of the multicoloured collection of opinions, beliefs and forms of expression that characterise us and make the Netherlands special. This government is aiming for a society in which the right of the strongest prevails, nuance is considered a weakness, money and power outrank beauty and care. In our opinion, this is an uncivilised society.
That's why we demand the government to stop using the economic crisis as a justification for indecent governance, to put aside its contempt for facts, to show statesmanship and take true responsibility for future generations.
We want to live in a country that invests in its future. We want to live in a country that doesn't just harvest, but also sows. Civilisation without future is a future without civilisation.
This is what we will march for, from Rotterdam to The Hague and beyond. The Binnenhof will not be the end of our protest. It will only be the beginning.
The March of Civilisation is an initiative led by artists and art lovers.
Action!June 26th museum Boijmans van Beuningen will be taken over. June 27th there will be demonstrations regarding the debate on culture in the Tweede Kamer. As a connection between those two we will walk a march to The Hague; the March of Civilization. We envision our march as a sober and grave walk, that will extend into a big protest near the Binnenhof. We call out to everyone who is affected by this cabinet's visionless policy; everyone who believes in a different future, everyone who is envisioning another country, to walk along. We do not walk for ourselves, but for each other. It is time to draw a line together. Stop this government.
- June 26. 8 pm, March leaves from Boijmans van Beuningen in Rotterdam and will arrive in The Hague around 3 am.
- June 27. 3 am - 9 am. Overnight possibilities in The Hague.
- June 27. 1 am - 16:30 am. massive protest at the Malieveld.
What can I do?
- Spread the word! Forward the action in emails! Invite everyone on Facebook!
- Care to walk along? Organizations and groups who want to join the March, can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, include your name and contact information. Your name will be on our website. Attention: subscribing means joining and recruiting! Individuals can subscribe on Facebook and/or join in on the day itself!
The march is in full preparation. Keep an eye on this website for more information.