10 Main Reasons for going VEGAN.
Click on each for more information.
- 1) Animal products are unnecessary.
- 2) What you eat is a learned habit.
- 3) Much healthier to avoid meat and dairy products.
- 4) Much more environmentally friendly to eat a vegan diet.
- 5) Feed more people on a plant diet than animal based one.
- 6) Using animals is incredibly cruel. Why force any pain?
- 7) Religion/ spiritual reasons "Thou shalt not kill."
- 8) Saves money....
- 9) Reduces National debt.
- 10) Vegan food tastes great!
Being vegan is a lot more environmentally friendly, than a meat diet, even more so when one sticks with organic products. .. Eating a meat diet contributes more pollution, uses more land, more water, more deforestation, and more energy than a vegan diet.
- Protect the planet for future generations.
- Saves trees, reduces forest destruction for cow pastures. Between 1960 and 1985 alone, nearly 40 percent of all Central American rain forests were destroyed to create cheap grazing land for cows later served on North American and European plates. Going vegan saves one acre of forest every year. (Who knows what else we are losing while creating desserts out of forests.)
- Uses less water. More than half of all water used in the U.S. is used to raise and kill animals for the table.
- Uses less fossil fuels. Producing just one hamburger uses enough fossil fuel to drive a small car 20 miles.
Creates less pollution. Animal feces is a major contributor to global warming and acid rain, plus pollutes numerous rivers and water sheds annually.
- The worlds 17 major fisheries are at the point of collapse because of over fishing.
Consider the Welfare of humanity. We can feed more people in the world on the food that animals, raised as food, eat than we can on the "food" one gets from animals. The amount of vegetable protein fed to the US beef herd would feed almost the entire populations of India and China - two billion people.
Being vegan is healthier, than any other diet possible and that isn't even touch the hormones and antibiotics, used in raising animals, and the possibilities and realities of meat borne illness, Mad Cow Disease etc. .
Better for your heart. Proven to reduce heart disease, and even reverse coronary heart disease.
Automatically lower s your cholesterol levels. The only foods that contain cholesterol are animal products, like meat and dairy. And since a three-decade-long study found that not a single subject with a cholesterol level below 150 has ever developed heart disease, that's hard to ignore!
Vegans have lower rates of obesity, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, large bowel disorders, cancers and gallstones.
Reduces stroke risks and coronary artery disease.
Reduces symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Reduces food poisoning. 95% of food poisoning is linked to animal products.
Your bowels will work much better, therefore, keeping your whole system healthier.
Live longer healthier lives. One 21-year-long study that compared meat-eaters and vegetarians showed that the greater the meat consumption, the greater the death rate from all causes combined.
Increased vegetable and fruit intake reduces your need for taking a multi vitamin plus increases your antioxidant intake.