You are invited to join the first Techno-Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) of 2014! TA3M is an informal meetup for techno-activists, hacktivists and anyone interested in free and open technology. The event takes place in different cities around the globe every third Monday of the month
- Latest circumvention and censorship news with Rob van der Wouw.
- HacksHackers Stefania Milan introduces and leads the discussion on the forming of a Dutch chapter of HacksHackers.
- Hackers as spies - Buro Jansen en Janssen on the latest infiltration attempts into the hacker community by the AIVD
- Anon.penet.fi remailer - Same old, same old - Lessons on privacy and anonymity from the days of the dinosaurs by Johan Helsingius - The history of anonymity and privacy on the Internet, and what we can learn from the events 20 years ago.
- Masking/Unmasking - A cost-analyses of anonymity - Daniel de Zeeuw is a philosopher, currently conducting research into the emergence of anonymity in contemporary culture. Current research aligns anonymity almost exclusively with issues concerning privacy, freedom of speech and censorship. Critical of this approach, Daniel escapes the neoliberal discourse and frames anonymity within a broader popular-cultural history.
- Your lightning talk.
TA3M is explicitly informal and open. Meaning that you are invited to hack the process, ask questions, and be critical. You are very welcome to join in if you have something you want to share or discuss.
We invite a diverse crowd from different communities developing or using technology for change. This months edition will be held at LAG. TA3M is an initiative of OpenITP in New York. The TA3M in Amsterdam is organized by Greenhost.
We hope you will join us at TA3M Amsterdam or one of the other TA3M events!